Yep, hair will grow anywhere
If that chest waxing scene in 40 Year-Old Virgin has you freaked about waxing, don’t stress. We promise it won’t hurt that much.
Waxing is great for getting rid of pesky hairs sprouting from your eyebrows, nose and ears, as well as larger areas like chest, stomach and back. Guys Grooming will also take care of hair removal in more, ahem, intimate areas. In fact, they can pretty much wax any part of your body you want — just ask.
There are a few things to pay attention to when waxing, regardless if you’re a first timer or a waxing pro.
- Make sure the hair is longish – it’ll give the wax something to grab onto. In other words, don’t shave in the week before your appointment and leave any required trimming to us!
- Give the area a light scrub a day or two before your appointment — this will get rid of dry skin and make the waxing more effective.
- Check for any inflamed or broken skin — you don’t want to put wax on this.
- Give yourself a day or two before showing it off. The skin can be a little red or dry but you can soothe it with Dermalogica’s body hydrating cream.
- Keep your skin clean and dry. This means avoid touching the area and no physical activity which can invite bacteria causing infection, this can be painful and unsightly.
- Start exfoliating a few times a week 48 hours following your service, this will help prevent those nasty ingrown hairs and keep your skin soft and clear.
- Keep your skin moisturised — it will make the next wax easier. Dry skin and waxing don’t mix (the wax picks up the skin instead of the hair. This is also why you exfoliate).
The best tip for waxing is to get it done by a professional. All sorts of things can go wrong with hot wax, sensitive body parts and no idea what you’re doing.
The team at Guys Grooming know what they’re doing so get in touch for a one-on-one consultation.