Colouring your hair is a life hack the ladies have been onto for a while. You know why? Because it can make you look younger, it polishes your overall look and it’s a bit of fun.
There are lots of options for hair colouring newbies — but don’t be daunted. There are three basic avenues you can take.
- Cover the greys.When salt and pepper becomes more dull than dashing, this is your best bet.
- Be a silver fox and highlight the greys. 78 per cent of women say they love a man with grey hair. Ok, we made up this stat but ask around and you’ll find most women find George Clooney sexy as hell. Case closed.
- Go all out with colour. This can really make you stand out from the rest of the herd. But it’s a bold move and you really need to own it. There is also upkeep to consider, such as regrowth and fading.
- Don’t wash your hair before colouring. The natural oils help protect your scalp.
- If you’re concerned about thinning, go easy on the bleach. It’s a pretty harsh chemical and can do more damage than good.
- Whatever you do, listen to your stylist. They’ll find a look that will suit your skin colouring, your time commitment and your wallet.
- Protect your mane with a regular conditioning treatment. You can do it at home but it’s much easier in the salon — with a cold beer in hand.
- Use shampoo designed for colour-treated hair. This helps the colour last longer. If you bleach, purple toning shampoo is a must. Strange but true! Purple helps fight the brassy orange colour that bleach can bring out.
You can find these products and more at Guys Grooming. Come in and chat with our stylists about finding a new, more confident you.